It's been more than an year I guess, since my last post. Thank you all for all the love,support and beautiful encouraging comments. Well, Motherhood is something very precious and most amazing thing.. but it is 360 degree turn in life! It changes everything including priorities. This was the reason of my not being able to concentrate on my Blog. Now with a four and half months old angel ( or a little monster :P) life is all about learning new things. But whenever my page notified me about new love or a heartfelt message or comments on my blog..I really missed my blog. And felt grateful.
Ingredients for "Nolen Gur er Pudding":
However...finally I could manage a little bit time to try out a new dish. It's a quick dessert. But one of the yummiest desserts I have ever made. It's date palm jaggery pudding aka নলেন গুড় এর পুডিং .This is a flavour any Bengali would die for ! And anyone in the world would fall in love at first bite!
Yields 4 servings
- Nolen Gur/ Khejur Gur about 1/3 cup
- Condensed milk 1/2 cup
- Evaporated milk 1 and 1/4 cup
- Egg 2 medium
- Cinnamon powder 1 or 2 pinches
Process for "Nolen Gur er Pudding":
- Mix jaggery in a saucepan with 2-3 tablespoons water and shimmer over low heat to make the syrup. Syrup should not be very thick or thin in consistency.
- Now preheat your oven to 160' C
- Pour 6-8 tablespoons jaggery syrup in desired pudding bowls.
- Mix two types of milk in a pan. Heat it for couple of minutes. No need to boil or shimmer for long time. Let it cool down.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl.
- Mix eggs with milk. Add 2-3 teaspoons jaggery syrup and cinnamon powder. Whisk it for a while.
- Pour the mix into pudding bowls through a sieve.
- Bake for about 40 minutes in waterbath*. (* Put the pudding bowls in a larger baking tin filled with hot water halfway of the pudding bowls. This is called waterbath. ). It may take little more or less time depending on oven.
- Freeze it for at least 5-6 hours. Unmold on a serving plate.