Hey friends! Back after a long time!
I was perfectly well and was cooking something or other thing as usual. But was not feeling much like sharing pictures or writing recipes. It happen sometimes! However, finally I am able to retrieve all the enthusiasm.
Today I am sharing a typical Bong recipe...Very common, popular yet delicious!
I am sharing recipe for "Kumror Choka" (Bengali style dry pumpkin curry), the way my Ma cooks.
Recipe adapted from Ma
Ingredients for "Kumror Choka" :
- Raw pumpkin 400 gm (do not peel the green skin, cut into large cubes)
- Potato 2 medium (peeled and cut into medium cubes)
- Chickpea 1 handful (soaked over night and boiled with salt)
- Panchphoron 1/4 tea spoon
- Dry red chili 2
- Turmeric powder
- Salt (according to taste)
- Sugar 1 tea spoon
- Mustard oil 3 table spoon
How to prepare Kumror Choka :
- Wash vegetables under running water.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan. Add panchphoron and dry red chilies. Let them get fragrant and do not burn.
- Add potato cubes. Sauté potato pieces over high flame for few minutes with little salt and turmeric powder. Cover with a lid and cook over low flame for couple of minutes.
- Now add pumpkin cubes and boiled chickpeas. Add required salt and turmeric powder. Sauté over high for a couple of minutes and then lower the heat. Cover it and cook until everything is well cooked and little mussy in texture. Add sugar and check seasoning.
- Kumror Choka pairs well with luchi porota or ruti.
For regular updates, just click the "like" button of my Facebook page. You can follow me also in NetworkedBlogs . Thank you and wish to see you again. Happy cooking till then :)