Vibrant shades of orange and fresh aroma was at everywhere in my kitchen this weekend. I woke up with a very fresh mood in a gloomy Sunday morning! And thought to brighten up the environment. What can be a brighter colour than orange!
I had lots of orange and couple of apricot packets. Thought to make a quick coffee cake.
I love baking in the morning. It gives me really a great start.
Ingredients for "Orange-Apricot Coffee Cake":
- All purpose flour 2 cups and more for dusting baking pan
- Sugar 1 cup and 1/4 cup (or little more if you like)
- Unsalted butter 1 cup and more 1 table spoon for greasing baking pan
- Salt 1/4 tea spoon
- Baking powder 1 tea spoon and 2 more pinches
- Orange extract 1/2 tea spoon
- Fresh orange juice 1/2 cup
- Orange zest 1 tea spoon
- Egg 2 large
- Dried apricot (chopped) 1 and 1/2 cup
How to prepare "Orange-Apricot Coffee Cake":
- Grease your baking pan with butter (I used my loaf pan) and dust with flour.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Sieve and shift all purpose flour, salt and baking powder to a bowl.
- Take a mixing bowl. Mix Butter and sugar to light and fluffy with help of a hand mixer.
- Add eggs to butter-sugar mix, one at a time. Mix it to smooth.
- Add orange extract. Then add orange juice and orange zest to the batter.
- Finally add flour mix to the batter. Whisk it to smooth.
- Add chopped apricot. Fold into the batter.
- Pour the cake batter into greased baking pan.
- Put into oven and bake for 65-75 minutes at 160°C or until firm . Prick a skewer to check if it is done.
- Shift to wire rack and let it cool down before you slice it.
And enjoy with a cup of strong coffee... :)
For regular updates, just click the "like" button of my Facebook page. You can follow me also in NetworkedBlogs . Thank you and wish to see you again. Happy cooking till then :)