Even I loved baking them. My entire house was smelling with delicious smell of melting butter, fragrance of freshly ground cinnamon and irresistible aroma of vanilla. And was wishing, if I just could eat the smell. :P
Honestly speaking, I was quite surprised when my first try turned into a success. My cinnamon rolls were super soft and delicious. I glazed them lightly with vanilla-sugar.
Ingredients for Cinnamon roll:
- All purpose flour/ Maida 2 cups + 3/4 cup (it will make 10 rolls..I used maida)
- Active dry yeast 1 and 1/4 table spoon
- Salt 1 tea spoon
- Sugar 2 table spoon
- Milk 3/4 cup
- Egg 1 large
- Unsalted butter 2 and 1/2 table spoon (melted)
- Freshly ground cinnamon 2 heaped table spoon
- Light brown sugar 3 and 1/2 - 4 table spoon
- Unsalted butter 3-4 table spoon (soft..but not melted)
- Confectioners sugar 4-5 table spoon
- Milk/ cream 1 and 1/2 table spoon
- Vanilla extract 1 tea spoon
How to prepare Cinnamon roll:
- First you need to proof the yeast. Take 3/4 cup lukewarm milk (just warm..not hot). Mix 2 table spoon sugar into it. Now add yeast. Mix and leave it untouched for 10 minutes. It will rise by that time.
- Now mix melted butter and egg with it. Keep aside.
- Take 2 cups flour in a very large mixing bowl. Mix with salt. Now add the yeast-butter-egg mix to the flour. Mix with a spatula. This is suppose to be a very sticky dough.
- Dust your work surface nicely with flour. Transfer the on that. Knead it for sometimes. At least 10 minutes. Keep dusting little flour when needed.
- Grease the mixing bowl with butter. Put the dough in it. Cover it. Leave it undisturbed in a warm place.
- I keep it inside my oven, with light on. Keep it like this for an hour at least or until it is doubled in volume.
- Punch down the dough and knead for 10 minutes. Grease the container again with butter. Keep the dough in it and cover again. Leave it for 30 minutes to 45 minutes to rise again.
- Mix ground cinnamon and brown sugar to make the filling.
- Now knead it for few minutes. Dust your work surface with flour again. Roll the dough out in 14*8 inch rectangle. I rolled the dough over a baking paper, as it is easy to roll and doesn't stick at work surface.
- Now spread softened butter on it. Spread cinnamon sugar evenly.
- Carefully roll up the dough from a side. Seal it properly. Cut it in 10 even pieces. I used dental floss to cut the dough perfectly. Place the rolls on to a greased baking tray. Let it rest for another 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C. Bake cinnamon rolls for 20-25 minutes at 190°C. It took almost 23 minutes for me.
- Mix confectioner's sugar, milk/cream and vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth. Top your cinnamon rolls with that glaze.
I love my cinnamon roll with a cup of strong coffee :)
For regular updates, just click the "like" button of my Facebook page. You can follow me also in NetworkedBlogs . Thank you and wish to see you again. Happy cooking till then :)
This post is going to participate in Kolkata Food Bloggers Yeasty-Feasty event.