The other day, I saw a picture in Tanaya's (a friend of mine) album...she cooked shrimps with flat beans. I liked the picture and thought to try that sometimes. Eventually forgot..as it's been quite a while. Yesterday I decided to cook some "sorshe-posto chingri" (shrimp in mustard & poppy gravy) and soaked sorshe-posto for making the paste. And started thinking of a quick veggie choice on side. Soon I discovered that, I bought lot of flat beans few days back and will have to throw them away if I don't cook them soon.
And Tanaya's "Shim Chingri" ('shim' is flat bean and 'chingri' is shrimp) came to my mind. But I didn't have enough time to check her recipe and also spices were soaked. So thought make it same way as "sorshe-posto chingri". However it turned out delicious. Thanks to Tanaya for the idea :)
Ingredients for "Shim Chingri":
- Shim/flat beans 12-15 pieces ( cut into 1" pieces)
- Shrimp 10-12 decent size (de-shelled & de-veined..keep the tails if you like)
- Mustard seed paste and poppy seed paste (1:1 ratio) with 1 or 2 green chili 1 cup
- Unsweetened yogurt 1 table spoon
- Green chili 2 pieces (slitted)
- Salt according to taste
- Mustard oil 3 table spoon
- Turmeric powder 2-3 pinches
- Sugar 1/4 tea spoon
How to prepare "Shim Chingri":
- Mix mustard-poppy paste with yogurt ,salt,turmeric powder,sugar and 1 and half table spoon mustard oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Add flat beans,shrimps and green chillies to this mixture. Mix well.
- Heat 1 table spoon in a pan. Add shrimp-bean & spices mixture. Cover it and cook over lowest heat until done. Turn off the heat.
- Add half table spoon oil to it. Give it few minutes standing time and serve with steaming hot rice.