Kabab is something always a "hit"-formula for any party or any friday evening. There is hardly anyone, who doesn't like kababs. At my house, it is always a big hit anyday!! The other day, while searching for something different, I came across this. Actually I found this name very interesting ..."kastoori" reminds me of "kasturi mriga" (musk deer..famous for the very rare perfume). Also the method is also very different...so thought to give it a try. But surely didn't assume, it will come out so good!
- Chicken 600 gm (cut into 2" cubes...washed & well dried)
- Lime/lemon juice 3 table spoon
- Ginger paste 2 table spoon
- Garlic paste 2 table spoon (I pasted 2 thai red chilli to make it spicy)
- Coriander leaves 2 table spoon (finely chopped)
- Grated ginger 1 tea spoon
- Caraway seeds/ shahi jeera 1/2 tea spoon
- White pepper powder 1 tea spoon
- Green cardamom powder 1 tea spoon
- Mace/ javitri powder less than 1/2 tea spoon
- Saffron/ kesar 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Egg yolks 3 (only yolks)
- Gram flour/besan 1/2 cup
- Bread crumb 1/2 cup ( roll it to more powdery)
- White oil 2 table spoon
- Skewers ( soak them for an hour if using wooden skewers)
How to proceed:
- Soak skewers in water (in case, you are using wooden skewers).
- Pat dry washed & cleaned chicken pieces with kitchen tissue/towel very well. Chicken pieces should be well dried.
- Rub chicken pieces with lime/lemon juice, white paper and ginger-garlic paste. Marinate chicken for an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add gram flour and fry till golden brown. Take out 3-4 table spoon of that mixture separately.
- In remaining mixture add grated ginger, 1/2 tea spoon cardamom powder, 1/4 tea spoon javitri powder and bread crumb. Sauté for few seconds. Add marinated chicken to it. Add salt. Cook it in high flame for 3-4 minutes to incorporate in the mixture.
- Insert chicken pieces in skewers. 4-5 pieces in each skewer.
- Take separated gram flour mixture and 3 egg yolks in a bowl. Add coriander leaves, shahi jeera, kesar, cardamom powder and remaining javitri powder. Prepare a batter.
- Coat chicken pieces (skewered chicken) with the batter.