I was thinking of making something sweet. Something easy and new. So I tried these orange sondesh. I got this idea of making flavoured paneer from a friend..and really wanted to try it.
- Whole/Full cream milk 2 ltr (it will make about 12 piece sondesh)
- 4-5 table spoon milk powder
- 2 table spoon cream
- White vinegar (to curdle milk)
- 1 orange ( juice and zest )
- Sugar 12 table spoon or as per taste
- Orange extract few drops
- Pistachio to garnish
- Heat milk until it comes to boil. Add vinegar,orange juice and zest. Stir softly until it curdles well. And make the channa (paneer)
- Pour it on a muslin cloth and squeeze out water. And put some weight on it to squeeze out all the water.
- Now mix this channa/paneer with sugar, cream and milk powder. Smash and knead it to a lighter and smooth dough using your palm. Separate some orange zest at this point. As orange zest carries a little bit bitterness. So if it comes to your mouth too much, taste will be spoiled.
- Transfer the dough to a wok and cook in a medium heat for few minutes.Like 4 min or so. Keep stirring continuously while cooking.Until it's edges comes off easily from the wok.But do not overcook. Otherwise it will be very dry.
- Make your preferable shapes while the dough is still warm and decorate your sweets with pistachio halves or chopped pistachio nuts.