Sandesh is an authentic bengali sweet. KaNcha Golla is a typical bengali sandesh.This sweet is made with "Channa" (home made paneer)..and it is called KaNcha (raw) Golla (ball), because we don't need to cook the channa to make this. It's a very beautiful and creamy sweet and usually it contains less amount of sweetness.
- Full Cream Milk 2 ltr
- Lime juice 1/2 cup
- Sugar 3/4 cup or as per your taste
- Cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Rose water few drops
- Almond and Pistachio 10 pieces each (soaked into warm milk for 1 hour and chopped)
- Few dry rose petal or few strand saffron (for flavor and garnishing)
- Boil the milk. As it starts boiling, lower the heat and pour the lime juice into it. As the milk starts curdling, stir it for few minutes. And stain this paneer properly on a maslin/cotton cloth. Run fresh water on it for 5 minutes, as the line flavor gets out of the paneer.
- Put some weight on it (usually I put my chopper board on it and and a large pot filled with water ) , for 1 hour.
- Mix sugar with paneer and smash until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Mix cardamom powder and rose water.
- Shape it as round balls and finally garnish with chopped almond,pistachio and dry rose petal.