- Dry white peas 1 cup (soaked over night)
- Medium potato 1 (cut into small cubes)
- Tomato 1 large (chopped)
- Onion 1 large (chopped)
- Green chilli 4 (chopped) or according to your taste
- Ginger paste 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin & Coriander powder 1/2 teaspoon each
- Turmeric powder,salt,sugar
- Sodium bicarbonate 1 pinch
- Cumin seed 1 teaspoon
- Bay leaf 1
- Whole red chilli 1
- Cooking oil (preferably mustard oil) 5/6 tea spoon
- Onion small 1 chopped (for garnishing)
- Chopped green chilli
- Chopped coconut 3 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves 1 handful (chopped)
- Tamarind juice 2/3 teaspoon
- Bhaja moshla (1teaspoon cumin seed and 1 dry red chilli dry roasted and powdered)
- Pressure cook over night soaked white peas with little bit salt and a pinch of sodium bicarbonate. Cook till peas are tender but not over-cooked or smashed.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan, add oil, splutter cumin seeds,bay leaf,dry red chilli. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and fry untill translucent and golden.Add potato and fry for few more minutes.Add ginger-garlic paste,cumin and coriander powder,salt (be careful about salt as you have added salt while boiling peas), turmeric powder. Fry in medium heat till you get the smell of cooked spices and oil starts separating.
- Add chopped tomato and green chilli at this point.And cook for few more minutes. Till the tomato is fully cooked and separates oil.
- Now add white peas. Stir for 2 minutes and add the water.
- Cook for 5 minutes with a cover in low heat. Turn off the gas when done.
- Serve with chopped onion,chopped coconut,chopped coriander leaves,chopped green chilli,tamarind juice and bhaja moshla.