Fish curry is a very popular dish in Malaysia. A very fresh aromatic flavour of lemongrass, kaffir lime leaf and coconut milk make it very special.
- fish 5 pieces (I used rohu, but it also goes very well with prawn or bhetki)
- potato 1 large (cut into quarters lenthwise and boiled),8 okra
- 1 large tomato
- lemongrass 1 stick
- kaffir lime leaf 3/4
- galangal 1 inch
- gerlic 3 cloves
- 2 shallot
- red hot thai chilli
- (make a smooth paste of galangal,garlic,red chili and some of the white portion of lemongrass)
- 2 table spoon coconut cream (thick cream)
- cumin seed (half tea spoon)
- salt,turmeric powder,cumin powder,coriander powder
- cooking oil
- Fry the fish and okra separately and keep aside. don't fry too much.
- In rest of oil sprinkle cumin seed. Stir for a while and add chopped shallot to it.
- fry until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the spices paste,cumin,coriander,turmeric powder and salt accordingly.Add chopped tomato.
- Fry until oil starts separating.
- Now add boiled potato.Fry for few minutes and add water and coconut cream.Also add kaffir lime leaf and
- one stick lemongrass (cut into halves lenthwise to get the flavor). Let it shimmer for few minutes with a cover.
- Add fish and okra and shimmer for few more minutes.
- Best served with plain steamed rice.