Full cream milk 2 ltr
Sugar 1 cup
Lime juice of 2 whole lime or as per requirement
Cardamom powder (optional)
Grated cashew nuts and pistachio nuts
- Boil 1 ltr milk in a pan and make it less than half.
- On the other side make paneer/chena of another 1 ltr milk.
- For making paneer/chena heat 1 ltr milk and bring it in boiling mode and pour the lime juice in it. Reduce the flame and stir for a while.
- Pour it on a clean white soft cloth and run fresh cold water on it.
- Squeeze out the water from it .
- Smash the paneer with hand but keep it lumpy...don't make it smooth.
- Now add the paneer in thickened milk and cook it in high flame and stir continuously. After 7-10 minutes add the sugar, cardamom powder(optional) and cook for few more minutes. You will understand the kalakand is ready to plate when it starts coming out from the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the kalakand on plate and garnish with grated cashew and pistachio nuts. Let it be cool and cut into pieces with a knife.
- Kalakand is ready to serve.